The Geospatial Analysis book and web site contain a large number of examples of software tools. The following is a list of those mentioned in the text and/or recommended by users. For higher performance we recommend the use of specialist tools and/or high performance compiled programming languages (e.g. C++, MatLab, Cython).
NOTE: Some of the older software packages and projects have ceased to be available over the past year. These include: Cellular Expert, EasyNN, GALib, Geostat, Inerpose, LOLA, Hotspot detective, Netlab and STARS. In addition, several of the links shown below are http rather than https links, reflecting some less-maintained/older services and software.
Marine GIS Tools:
- Ecosystem based management tools (EBM network)
- Marine GIS tools (Davey Jones Locker/Oregan State Univ)
- Marine Geospatial Ecology tools (MGET project)
GIS Tools from Federal University of Pelotas, in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil:
- Citycell - https://wp.ufpel.edu.br/citycell/
- UrbanMetrics -https://wp.ufpel.edu.br/urbanmetrics/