About Geospatial Analysis online
Geospatial Analysis online is a free web-based resource. It provides a comprehensive guide to concepts, methods and tools, with many examples being provided using a variety of software tools such as ArcGIS, Idrisi, Grass, Surfer and many others to clarify the concepts discussed. Click here for the entire free Geospatial Analysis book online and here for our companion "Statistical Analysis Handbook" website.
Geospatial Analysis Users
This website has been designed for use by Undergraduates and Postgraduates studying GIS and Geospatial Analysis as a component of their specific discipline (e.g. social sciences, earth sciences, life sciences, engineers), and for Professionals working in the Geospatial field. Course Tutors can request a free copy of the special PDF version here. Click here for a PDF preview
New! Towards Net Zero - Exploring the Role of Transport and the Built Environment: more details
- Geospatial analysis concepts
- Analytical methodologies and model building
- Core components of geospatial analysis, including distance and directional analysis, geometrical processing, map algebra, and grid models
- Exploratory Spatial and Spatio-temporal Data Analysis (ESDA, ESTDA) and spatial statistics, including spatial autocorrelation and spatial regression
- Surface analysis, including surface form and flow analysis, gridding and interpolation methods, and visibility analysis
- Network and locational analysis, including shortest path calculation, travelling salesman problems, facility location and arc routing
- Geocomputational methods, including agent-based modelling, artifical neural networks and evolutionary computing
- Big Data - lessons for researchers
"Written in an engaging and accessible manner, this book does a marvelous job of balancing its coverage on principles, techniques, and software tools for spatial analysis. ... It is truly a tour de force of geospatial analysis and is likely to become a classic ...I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about the latest developments in geospatial analysis and modeling."
Prof D Z Sui, Review in: Annals, Association of American Geographers
3D Urban Noise modeling (Courtesy DataKustik CADNAA)