What is Geospatial Analysis online?
Geospatial Analysis online is a free web-based resource It provides a comprehensive guide to concepts, methods and tools, with many examples being provided using a variety of software tools such as ArcGIS, Idrisi, Grass, Surfer and many others to clarify the concepts discussed
Click here for the free Geospatial Analysis book online (best viewed on a desktop, laptop or tablet screen)
Who is Geospatial Analysis for?
This website has been designed for use by Undergraduates and Postgraduates studying GIS and Geospatial Analysis as a component of their specific discipline (e.g. social sciences, earth sciences, life sciences, engineers), and for Professionals working in the Geospatial field
Click here for a 60 page PDF preview
- Geospatial analysis concepts
- Analytical methodologies and model building
- Core components of geospatial analysis, including distance and directional analysis, geometrical processing, map algebra, and grid models
- Exploratory Spatial and Spatio-temporal Data Analysis (ESDA, ESTDA) and spatial statistics, including spatial autocorrelation and spatial regression
- Surface analysis, including surface form and flow analysis, gridding and interpolation methods, and visibility analysis
- Network and locational analysis, including shortest path calculation, travelling salesman problems, facility location and arc routing
- Geocomputational methods, including agent-based modelling, artifical neural networks and evolutionary computing
- Big Data - lessons for researchers
"Written in an engaging and accessible manner, this book does a marvelous job of balancing its coverage on principles, techniques, and software tools for spatial analysis. ... It is truly a tour de force of geospatial analysis and is likely to become a classic ...I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about the latest developments in geospatial analysis and modeling."
Prof D Z Sui, Review in: Annals, Association of American Geographers
3D Urban Noise modeling (Courtesy DataKustik CADNAA)